Dr. Day received her Doctorate in Clinical Psychology from Florida Institute of Technology and is a Licensed Psychologist, Licensed Mental Health Counselor, and Certified Family Mediator. Dr. Day is in private practice with Psychological Affiliates, Inc., of Winter Park, Florida.
The role of the Parenting Coordinator is defined by the court order. Goals include:
1. Educate co-parents in effective communication skills and anger management
2. Shield the children from parental conflict, loyalty binds, and unnecessary stress
3. Monitor parental behaviors and parental access and report back to the court only as necessary
4. Ensure the execution of the court order or settlement agreement
5. Mediate any unresolved issues
6. Create a specific Parenting Plan
7. Collaborate with all professionals involved with the family
8. Determine additional services, such as counseling, random drug screens and parenting classes
9. Incorporate follow-up sessions at 3, 6 and 12 months and to be available in the future as needed
Psychological Affiliates was founded by Deborah O. Day, Psy.D. and has been serving the Orlando area for over 20 years. The team at Psychological Affiliates offers an extensive amount of outpatient services for various mental health issues to families, groups, and the individual. With these services there are full psychological evaluations. Specializing in families, the staff deals with marriage, divorce, sex, therapy, children, and many more! This practice is seasoned in dealing with legal professions, physicians, state agencies, inpatient facilities, and non-profit organizations.
Being in a healthy environment is the start to recovery according to Psychological Affiliates. We are easily accessible by being handicapped equipped. The team here wants to make sure that everyone feels welcomed and comfortable as soon as they step foot in the door. With the healthy environment comes an extraordinary staff and a plan to create the best path for each patient. In charge of it all is Dr. Deborah O. Day, who has a Doctorate in Clinical Psychology and is a Licensed Psychologist. She specializes in forensic psychology, which includes divorce/parenting plan evaluations, criminal matters, child abuse, and collaborative law. With being in private practice with Psychological Affiliates, she also offers professional workshops and seminars around the United States. Dr. Day makes sure that all the licensed psychologists that are employed here are well-informed on all the new research and execute it when creating a path to recovery for a patient. The staff also includes two certified family mediators and a certified school psychologist. At Psychological Affiliates it is about a stable environment and staff to help every individual, family, or group.