Kyle J. Goodwin, Psy.D.
Kyle J. Goodwin, Ph.D.
Dr. Goodwin is a Licensed Psychologist who has worked at Psychological Affiliates, Inc., since 2009. Dr. Goodwin earned his bachelor’s degree in psychology and sociology from Ohio University and a master’s degree in clinical psychology from East Carolina University. He earned his doctorate degree in clinical psychology from Florida Institute of Technology. He also completed a forensic psychology concentration and a forensic internship placement at Atascadero State Hospital in Atascadero, California. Dr. Goodwin is a member of the American Psychological Association and the Society for Personality Assessment.
Dr. Goodwin’s primary specialty is psychological testing, assessment, and forensic evaluations, including:
• Parenting plan evaluations
• Dependency evaluations/parental competency evaluations
• Personality assessment
• Criminal competency evaluations
• Criminal mitigation
• Mental state at the time of the offense
• Violence risk assessment/domestic violence assessment/psychosexual assessment
• Assessment of Psychopathy
• Assessment of malingering
• Professional consultation regarding psychological testing and work product reviews
Regarding treatment, Dr. Goodwin has conducted therapy within a variety of settings, including: outpatient mental health centers, a college counseling center, inpatient psychiatric hospitals, and correctional settings. Dr. Goodwin currently focuses on individual therapy with adults and adolescents. He is largely behaviorally-oriented, focusing on making specific behavior changes in one’s life. Dr. Goodwin is also a proponent of utilizing psychological assessment in the treatment process.
Collaborative Divorce Psychology
Divided Loyalties Classes