Psychological Affiliates Inc delivers Orlando patients state of the art Psychologists services. Our experts specialize in Family Counseling, Psychology and Collaborative Divorce Psychology.
1. Emotionally and psychologically, the holidays can be draining. It's important to maintain your healthy habits, eat well, exercise and get plenty of sleep. Make sure to watch your alcohol consumption.
2. Stick to your budget. Take the time to establish a gift giving budget before you go out shopping, and stick to it. Don't give in to pressure of the newest and best products out.
3. Learn to say no! Saying yes when you should say no can leave you feeling resentful and overwhelmed. Family and friends will understand if you can't participate in every event or project.
4. Family gatherings can be difficult/stressful. This is not the time to try to "change" someone. Work together and keep expectations realistic. Balance old traditions with new ideas your family may have.
5. Seek professional help if you find yourself persistently sad, anxious, unable to sleep or hopeless. The holidays can trigger unresolved feelings and past losses. Acknowledge your feelings and remember that holidays are not happy occasions for everyone.